Mo., 04. Juli|
Café C'est ici l'endroit où
Sewing Camp: Monday July 4 - Friday July 8
Get confident in handling a sewing machine by making your own clothes.
Time & Location
04. Juli 2022, 09:30 – 08. Juli 2022, 12:30
Café C'est ici l'endroit où, Chem. de la Pralay 8, 1294 Genthod, Switzerland
About the event
Get comfortable with your sewing machine by making your own clothes
A beginner-friendly sewing camp for participants age 12 and above with focus on how to use a sewing machine. During daily 3-hours sessions, the participants will get familiar with basis sewing techniques through practical exercises and guidance.
What to make:
A piece of clothes corresponding to the participant’s level of sewing. The Sewing Camp will ensure that the result will be of a high quality so that the participant experience joy and satisfaction with his or her own work and with the finished product.
Before the Sewing Camp:
Ahead of the Sewing Camp I will meet with the participants to ensure that they have a clear idea of what to sew and of the type of fabric needed for their project. This will be carried out in close collaboration with me so that they choose a sewing project that corresponds with their level of sewing and will use material fit for the purpose. Before this first meeting I will send the participants a list of companies making sewing patterns for inspiration.
I will also provide a list of fabric stores in Geneva and neighboring France where the participants can buy fabric before the Sewing Camp. The participants can also choose to use old bed sheets, table clothes or any other larger piece of cotton weave cloth, as long as it does not contain elastic. I will also provide the participants with a list of flea markets and secondhand shops where they might find something but there are no guaranties.
What to learn:
· Cutting out after a simple pattern
· Understanding how to follow a simple sewing instruction
· Learning about the basic tools and equipment needed for sewing
· Comfortable with the sewing machine
· Learning basic sewing techniques on a sewing machine
What to bring to the Sewing Camp:
· Sewing machine
· Fabric – washed and ironed
· Matching thread
What’s included in the price:
· Sewing tools and equipment such as scissors, pins, tape measure, hand-sewing needles, chalk, seam ripper, ruler, iron and iron board.
· Haberdashery such as elastic, interfacing and pattern paper
· Each day a hot or cold drink will be served and a little snack from the café.
Date: Monday July 4 - Friday July 8
Time: 9.30 - 12.30
Age: Children between 12 – 18 years of age
Level: All levels – just need an interest in sewing
Number of participants: Maximum 4
Place: Café C’est ici l’endroit où, 8 Chemin de la Pralay, 1294 Genthod
Please contact me on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.