Updated: Apr 22, 2020
Here is a little DO IT YOURSELF project for Easter. Take your time to sit down for a moment or do it together with the kids. It doesn't take long - I hope.
What you need are:
- a pair of worn-out jeans
- matching thread and
- a used jar.
Step-by-step sewing instruction:
- Cut of one leg of a pair of worn-out jeans in the right length by using the jar to measure.
- Place the two side seams on top of each other - pin the edges right side together.
- Stitch with a 1 cm seam allowance and zigzag over the raw edges.
- At one of the corners, find the middle of the bottom and put the seam down towards the centre.
- Measure 5 cm above the centre, draw a line and stitch perpendicular to the sewing you have sewed before (Fig. A).
- Repeat for the other corners.
- Trim the corners and zigzag over the raw edges.
- Turn the right side out and push the four corners out.
PS. You can make another one out of the other leg.